Corten steel panels give gardens a bold, warm look, thanks to the orange-brown patina on the metal. This patina is formed by a natural layer of rust. Another name for corten steel is weathering steel: weather conditions have a positive effect on these corten steel panels.
Corten steel is a metal alloy made by adding copper, phosphorus, silicon, nickel and chromium to iron. When exposed to air, the material forms a protective layer of rust. This natural coating prevents further corrosion so the panels will last for many years.
- 5-year guarantee.
- Corten steel panels are very robust, hard-wearing, weatherproof, low-maintenance and durable.
- The corten steel has a standard thickness of 2 mm.
- Double-folded sides provide stability and an attractive finish.
- Multiple mounting options: fix to the ground or attach to posts or walls.
- Easy-to-access fasteners make installation simple.
- Products are delivered without rust. The corten steel rusting process takes about 4-5 months, depending on weather conditions.
- The rust can be fixed by applying Owatrol. This is a penetrating rust inhibitor that forms a protective anti-rust coating. Owatrol protects the planter and stops the rust on corten steel flaking off.