Our corten steel U-profiles have a thickness of 2 mm and are available in five different widths. The U-profiles can be supplied in two formats: with two equal sides of 50 mm or two unequal sides of 50 mm and 150 mm. U-profiles have a length of 2300 mm and are supplied in packs of ten. The U-profiles cannot be sold individually. However, it is possible to order individual corner pieces.
Corten steel has an orange-brown colour, the result of a natural rust layer. Another name for corten steel is weathering steel: weather conditions have a positive effect on this material.
Corten steel is a metal alloy made by adding copper, phosphorus, silicon, nickel and chromium to iron. When exposed to air, the material forms a protective layer of rust. This natural coating prevents further corrosion, so the profiles will last for many years.
- 5-year guarantee.
- Corten steel U-profiles are hard-wearing, weatherproof, low-maintenance and durable.
- The corten steel has a standard thickness of 2 or 3 mm.
- Five different widths: 54, 64, 104, 154 and 204 mm.
- Each U-profile has a length of 2300 mm.
- U-profiles are available in packs of 10.
- Corner profiles can be ordered individually.
- Products are delivered without rust. The corten steel rusting process takes about 4-5 months, depending on weather conditions.
- The rust can be fixed by applying Owatrol. This is a penetrating rust inhibitor that forms a protective anti-rust coating. Owatrol protects the U-profile and stops the rust on corten steel flaking off.